Monday, October 8, 2012

Pocket Full O' Scriptures

Every year I try to come up with a new plan for memorizing Scripture as part of our home school plan.
I think the Bible is really the most important part of our plan :)

This year I bought a pack of pocket notebooks. I allowed them to lay out in the open and be seen as part of my sneaky plan. I waited til nearly every child had asked; "What are those gonna be for?" and stated; "I want one of those!" before I let them in on my plan. I just kept saying; "You'll see."

In my planner, I took the time one night to look up 2 months worth of verses that I thought would be good for them to learn and wrote a passage down on each day of the week.
On our first "official" day of school this year (we school all year really), I gave everyone their choice of color.
 That was exciting to them!

I then wrote the verse of the day on the dry erase board and told them they had to copy the verse twice in their notebooks and be able to tell it to me by the end of each day. 
After they told me the verse, they could check it off their assignment sheets, and if they filled the notebook this year, they will have memorized 160 verses!
That might be worth a little party :)

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
 
 


No comments: