Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A homemade skirt


Kayanna is twisting around here in her 'new' skirt.
The cost of the skirt: just a little bit of time!
I have been blessed with a wonderful 'bartering deal'! I have a friend who yard sales. She says she loves my cooking SO- she brings me fabrics from yard sales and I send her leftovers or bake her up some goodies every now and then! A great blessing! A gift from God for sure!
I didn't use a pattern, I simply measured Kayanna's waist and doubled that, and added about 4 extra inches for gathering and growing! I then measured from her waist to her ankles and added one inch for a hem and 1 1/2 or 2 for elastic tubing in waist.
Cut out this rectangular measurement, sewed short sides together, made a 'tube' for the elastic, ran the elastic, stitched that up, sewed a hem, and there she is! A free skirt to play in!

No comments: