Monday, February 18, 2008

HOMEMADE INSTANT OATMEAL- SMORES FLAVOR


This is a 'recipe' that one of my kids came up with that is outstanding!
And where this kid gets his sweet tooth is a mystery to me;-)!
**********************************************************
Basic Instant Oatmeal:
2 cups quick oats
2 cups quick oats ground to a powder in blender
3/4 t salt
Mix well.
******************************************************************
******************************************************************
NOW, FOR THIS PARTICULAR FLAVOR:
*We scoop 1/3 cup of Basic Instant Oatmeal Mix into a small sandwich bag along with;
*1 1/2 teaspoons of ground graham cracker crumbs
*about 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips
*about 1 1/2 Tablespoon of small marshmallows
*1 T of white sugar
***********
Roll up the bags and zip and we store in this plastic container.
When ready to eat, we simply dump the contents of the baggie into a bowl, and add 2/3 cup of hot water and allow to sit for about 3 to 5 minutes and WOW--Yummy!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

These are great ideas and inspire me for my breakfast making!

Donna said...

Thanks Kathleen!

Let me know if you come up with any other varieties!

I ran across something like these in my search for 'breakfast outside the cereal box'! :-)
I have been looking at many ways to get cheaper, healthier breakfasts down these guys. Especially since the price of milk has went up to nearly $5 a gallon in this area.

Dried fruits and nuts can also be used but my kids didn't seem very enthusiastic about those ideas-- maybe in time!

Cinnamon-raisin would be good as well;and how about Flax-cinnamon?!

Personally, I love sliced bananas in my oatmeal with a little honey!

Blessings 2 U!
-Donna-

Kathy Days said...

Thank you! I've tried doing this on my own but it has never tasted quite right. I can't wait to try your recipes!