Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Yard Sales- college kiddos

COLLEGE TIPS: Yard Sales..... the last time I went I bought a cute t-shirt and a pair of cute pj pants for my little girl for .25!, a purse for .50, a Yahtzee game for .50, a biographical book for .50 for DH, and the nice lady threw in a stack of free magazines loaded with recipes!..... If you can't yard sale, ask someone who can to be on the lookout for certain items for you and if you can trust them, pay them in advance as an incentive. I once found a beautiful leather coat for $4 and I talked the lady down to $2! I know a lady who said her whole house was furnished from yard sales and the last item she showed me was a beautiful wall hanging that had been bought in Europe originally. This can be a fun recreational activity. .... And girls, remember, don't be embarrassed about any frugal living you have to do here, because most of you will leave this town when you are done with school and never see these folks again---and with your education, you'll be making better $$$$$

No comments: