Friday, April 11, 2008

TWICE BAKED POTATOES WITH TURKEY HAM

Bake potatoes for one hour at 400, until soft.
(for approx 6)
1 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cups chopped (cooked) turkey ham
1 cup finely chopped onions
3/4 cup finely chopped bell peppers
ground black pepper
salt

Slice potatoes in half, once baked.
Scoop out potato and mash.
Add other ingredients and mix well and re-stuff potatoes.
Top with fat-free cheese.

Bake 10 to 15 minutes until heated through.


*Served here with a Vegetable Soup with Okra and Lentils.

This meal is super frugal. Total cost approx. $3.50 to serve my whole crew of 8 with leftovers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to have spotted your blog. I tried to start a food blog but it ended up all twisted and never got to picture any of the foods I made. I will definitely read up on some of your recipes and keep you posted if I create one of them. These potatoes look awesome.

Donna said...

Good luck to you!

Blogspot is one of the easiest that I have found.

I started one and didn't like it and then switched to this one. The old one is up but can be deleted!

Thanks for posting-best wishes!

-Donna-