Thursday, May 22, 2008

SHREDDED CHICKEN SANDWICHES

THESE  ARE A BIG HIT AT MY HOUSE!
You can use Buttermilk Buns for these if you like.

I didn't use the bun recipe this time, but rather my dough for 4 Loaves of French Bread.
The reason? So I could make lots of buns!
My crew ate 14 buns and I had two small loaves left for supper.

The recipe for French Bread is super easy and after rising, you simply pinch off pieces of dough a little bigger than a gold ball. Roll them around in your hands until smooth. Flatten slightly and place on lightly greased pan. I coated them with a little non-stick butter flavored spray, or egg white, and sprinkled on some sesame seeds. Let them rise until almost double, about 40 minutes. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. 


For the chicken-
I use 2 to 3 cups (from the freezer).
I bring about 1/2 cup water to boil, along with some bouillon cubes, or chicken broth, toss in the chicken and steam til heated through. Salt and pepper. 


Serve with mustard and cheese. 

(My kids say these taste like Arby's roast beef with ketchup ;-)


No comments: