Tuesday, August 26, 2008

GRATITUESDAY..........

,
Looking through some books and recipes recently, I thought to myself; "I wouldn't even know what this stuff is, if it hadn't been for that course I took in high school!"
Well, the funny thing about that is, when I took the course, Food Service, I wasn't reallllllly all that mindful about cooking. I just wanted a 'crip course' to get my credits and get out of there! (And this course gave me 3 hours a day!)
I NEVER dreamed about having half a dozen kids and cooking every bite they eat! In fact, I didn't think that I really ever wanted to be a 'mom'. (I know, I know.....I'm not the same person...:-)
I'm not only grateful that I'm not the same person, but I'm also sooooooooo grateful for how God works. I have NEEDED a lot of the information that I gleaned from that course!
I NEEDED to know how to 'cut in fat', and that Thousand Island could be made from scratch, and delicious dinner rolls could be made with my own hands, how to make meringue, and what Lasagna was, how to crimp a pie crust, and that I could really decorate a cake myself!
God is so good to allow a very lost, wandering teenager, to take a course to prepare her for the future that He knew she would have! OH -He's sooooooo precious!
This week, I'm so grateful for the course I took in high school; Food Service!
(*I'm also grateful for the rain last night.....we were almost a month without it!)
For more about Gratituesday and to see what others are grateful for, visit LAURA'S!
HAPPY GRATITUESDAY!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how God always has a plan... and I really love how we can look to our past and say "Oh, THAT'S what He was up to!" Thanks for sharing!

agapesmansion said...

It is amazing how the Lords works things out. I have had many of those moments where I have realized that if it where for something that happened in my past that my life would be very different.

Laura said...

God always gives us just what we need, whether we know it or not. Makes me wonder what He's preparing me for right now. ;)

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

I am so thankful for Home Ec, too! :) I know I use so much of that knowledge on a daily basis.

Blessings,
Michele :)

Anonymous said...

God has done so many wonderful things in my life and so often at the time I didn't recognize them as being "wonderful." I praise Him daily and thank him for being in charge!

Organized Nutrition said...

I just wanted to thank you for reading my new blog today! and wanted to let you personally know that it was YOUR blog that lead me to LAURA'S blog! SOOO thanks sooo much!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all for posting!

Sewinlove, thanks for letting me know! Wow! I'm tickled to know that! I love Laura's blog.