Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Liquid Hand Soap

This is one job that I can always count on a few kiddies to help~
Grate-
-1 bar of soap (any will work)**
-Heat to a boil-1 gallon of water
Remove the water from heat and stir in the grated soap until melted. 
*opt. Add 1 T washing soda.
** I keep an empty container in my shower and collect pieces and bits of soap and use it, making this even more frugal.

Allow to cool, stirring once or twice, in your pot. Once cool, you may poor into an old plastic container/milk jug.
Then you may pour into your pump bottles on your sink!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have never heard of doing this. It seems to make alote. We go through tonnes of this stuff working on the farm. I like that there is no excess packaging to throw away. I may have to try this but I would have no idea where to find the bar soap.

Anonymous said...

Niki,
Use any kind!