Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gratituesday.....

I've been waiting a week to tell you about God's goodness!
Before last Gratituesday was gone, the Lord showed me once again, how He is my Provider. There's a store that is a little ways from here that I don't get to visit often but last Tuesday I had an appointment near it and afterwards decided to make a quick stop.
It's sorta like a Bargain Barn. They often have damaged things or things from trucks that break down or excess from their restaurant.
The owner just happened to be there and I ask what he was going to do with the strawberries on the porch (out in the hot sun).
He told me to take them! All of them!
(Several were very bad but there was more good than bad.)
Then he said that I could take a box and fill it with 'that' celery and another and get some broccoli.
WOW!
I even asked was he kidding before I could move!
10 packages of celery!


I noticed the spinach out there and he told me that he would sell me 5 bags for $4!
You know that I couldn't pass that up!


Now, the really strange thing was that I had been wanting some lamb. Only me and the Lord knew that and I also knew that unless I found a reallllllly good deal that it wouldn't be possible. (My budget requires about $5 to $7 per meal, usually I try to stay around five.)

Well, this very kind gentleman asked if I liked lamb.
I just stared for a minute before I could answer, slightly shocked that he would ask. Lamb's just not that popular around here, ya know?
But I looked at him and told him that I loved lamb.
And he said, "Not many folks around here like lamb."

Well that sweet fella sold me not one-but TWO legs of lamb for $10 per leg of lamb!!!!!!!
And I want you to know that we had one more meal that night, but not just that night; out of the leftovers, we had 4 more days of Leg of Lamb stew out of that ONE sweet leg!
Oh what a day!
Oh, I also got several boxes of Herb and Spice Tea for a great deal too.
And a 'natural' chicken for $4!
This week God has also given me a sack of corn on the cob, a bag of tomatoes, and a sack of horse apples-which I fried!
I am still singing His praises!
I don't know about other people, but it always seems to me that when we are faithful (and grateful) with what God provides, that God always seems to give more!
And- He really does want to be involved with the details of our lives and He does hear even the littlest of prayers!

Happy Anniversary Laura! Thanks for hosting Gratituesday!
Visit Laura's for more about Gratituesday!


3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow!!!! That was one exciting post to read!!! How exciting that you were able to receive so much for so little money! And LAMB!!!! I'm so excited for you! Wow, God is just so good!

Anonymous said...

Oh my -- what a day! You're so right, when we are grateful there is always MORE to be grateful for!

Jen said...

PRAISE GOD! We have had something like that happen to us before also. It makes you just want to stand there and fall to your knees with your arms stretched out to our Lord and Saviour thanking him! Thank you for sharing....it was great to read. It always seems that when there is very little money for groceries God provides 10 fold!