Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Stuffed Tomatoes 2





I really like these but I can't win the kids over completely, but they eat the stuffing very well...it's just the tomato that that troubles them. Oh well, perhaps one day they'll acquire a taste for them! (Especially if I keep offering them!:)
Slice the tops off the tomato and scoop out the pulp and seeds into a bowl. (You can use these for something else or toss them out. I cook them and can them, then add them to soup later.)
For the stuffing:
1 lb ground beef, cooked
3/4 cup leftover cooked brown rice
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 t rosemary
1/2 t basil
salt and pepper
Stuff the tomatoes with a spoon. Place in a baking dish and bake until tops are lightly browned and tomatoes just begin to 'wilt'.
*Served here with leftover brussel sprouts, red kidney beans, and spaghetti squash with butter and parmesan.

My (Meatless) Stuffed Baked Tomatoes can be found HERE!

No comments: