Tuesday, September 9, 2008

GRATITUESDAY


This week I am so thankful for the omnipresence of our Lord!

You see, my oldest DS got his driver's license last week..... some of your were surely wondering why I sounded a little anxious last week:-)

Anyway, now that he's licensed (which I think is completely insane to do at 16- who made that law?) ...he will be going places (not nearly as much as he thinks) where I will not be.

But I am so thankful that I have God's word to stand on (cling to for dear life) and can trust that He can be with that little boy when I can not. I often remind him and all the rest of the children, that God is always there no matter what happens. I also pray and ask God to make His presence known, even when they can forget about ole mom. And I trust that He does and will.

But I did tell this kid that I was mad at him and when he asked "What'd I do?" I told him that he had went and gone and made me old enough to have a kid who could drive! You gals just wait! You'll be mad too! ;-)

Jer 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

For more Gratituesday, visit LAURA'S!

PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK OUT LAURA'S NEW MENU PLANNERS AND HER POST ABOUT SOAKING GRAINS!

3 comments:

Jen said...

We are slowly coming on that time in our lives also. Our daughter is 14 and keeps reminding us (like we would ever forget)she will be 16 in 2 years! I tell her just because the state says you can drive does not mean we will let you. :-) Have a great day.

Laura said...

Hey I'm already mad. In four years, our oldest can get a learner's permit, and it's just wrong, WRONG. I'm not that old and neither is he.

And absolutely, neither are you. :)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Yikes! My daughter will be driving in a couple of years. :D