Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kitchen Tip -ziploc 1-step glaze

Ok, this may be just a little lame--but it saved a couple of steps and I found myself wondering why on earth I hadn't thought of it sooner.
While making a little powdered sugar glaze for these little pastries, I decided to just put about a cup of powdered sugar in the ziploc bag, then a dash of vanilla, and then about a tablespoon and a half of milk (or water) and zip it and squish it.
Silly me- I had been mixing it in a bowl then putting it in the bag!
*****
I also have a tip HERE about making kombucha without a scoby if anyone is interested!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(Here from Tammy's Recipes...)

Wow, this is definitely one of those, "Why didn't I think of that?" tips! I have been doing the same thing: mixing icing in a bowl and them putting it in a bag. Thanks for this.:-)