Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Millet Pudding- from leftovers!


I had about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of millet leftover from breakfast, that I just couldn't think of throwing out. (I love millet!)

So, into the pot I stirred one cup of milk and 3 T butter.
I then began to heat the pot slowly.
In a bowl I beat one egg yolk with 1 cup of milk and then beat in the egg white.
Gradually add the egg-milk to the pot along with a teaspoon (or two) of vanilla and about 1/2 cup cane sugar. (or as much as U like of sweetener)

Continue to stir with a whisk until mixture thickens, which may take til right at the boiling point.
Pour and refrigerate until cold.

A cross between vanilla and tapioca, but even better for U with millet:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok. I found an information here that i want to look for.

Anonymous said...

great tip, my son loves millet. this would be a nice change from regular breakfast