Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wanna bite?

These are basically like the Rugelach in NT.

I soaked-
2 1/2 cups wheat flour in 1 stick of softened butter, 1/2 cup of homemade cream cheese, and 4 ounces of store-bought cream cheese (1/2 a pkg).

The next morning, I mixed in-
1/2 cup cane sugar, 1 T vanilla, 1 t sea salt.

I divided the dough in half and rolled out two rectangles about 1/4 inch thick.
I then brushed with-
melted butter (1/2 a stick) and sprinkled with 3 t cinnamon, and 1/2 cup cane sugar.
(NT also uses crispy nuts-not all of my kids like nuts even though they are nutty ;-)

Roll up and slice into half-inch thick pieces. Bake at 300 for 45 minutes.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
These are almost bite-sized which makes them a perfect treat for kiddies!

So yummy and easy!
FOR MORE RECIPES AND KITCHEN TIPS, PLEASE CHECK OUT THESE SITES!
TAMMY'S RECIPES
BLESSED WITH GRACE/TEMPT MY TUMMY
FOREVERWHEREVER/TASTY TUESDAY

3 comments:

Courtney@Booksnboys said...

Wow those are delicious-looking. Sometimes I wish blogs were scratch and sniff :)
How do you make homemade cream cheese? I've never even thought of that!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Yes, I do want a bite! They sound wonderful and your piture made me hungry!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us today! That's a good one!
~Kim