Monday, April 13, 2009

Coffee Grinders....

Coffee grinders are not just for coffee! They have multiple uses!

Can't afford a wheat/grain mill?
Well, I used one of these handy dandy little gadgets for a while before I was able to get a mill.

(Some 13 years ago.)

You can also whirl oats to make oat flour! A nice and sweet flour!
My favorite use is for flax seeds! Oh how I love flax! I smuggle it in wherever I can too. Whirling it in this little gadget makes it quick too! (and the oils in flax are not good for most, if not all, mills)
And these are soooo frugal!
They can be bought in Walmart for around $20 or less. Online, they are around $10 to $15!
A great resource for the frugal kitchen!
FOR MORE KITCHEN TIP TUESDAYS, VISIT TAMMY'S RECIPES!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh wow, what a great idea!! This is my first visit to your site. I like what I see here. :) I'm on my way to do some looking around! Thanks for posting this tip. :)

mub said...

I find them to work really well to grind spices too! I've been eyeing one here for a few months but I haven't quite justified the expense yet *L* Really I keep hoping I'll stumble upon a cheap one at a thrift store for 1 or 2 euro =)

Joy said...

I just got one and have been surprised what it can do! I really like mine! I have only ground flax seeds though so I will need to experiment some I guess.
Joy