Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cranberry Salad....


Mix:
1 lb cranberries, chopped finely
11/4 cup sugar ( I used cane sugar)
2T citrus zest ( I used orange)

In small bowl, dissolve;
1/2 cup cold water
2 packs plain gelatin

Stir in:
1 cup warmed , preferable fresh, citrus juice(orange is good)

Mix altogether and pour into serving dish.

Top with (or place on bottom of dish before pouring fruit in)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (Pecans are good but I used a mix of walnut and pecans here)

Chill until set.
Please see the following :

4 comments:

Brenda said...

My husband would love this, he loves cranberries

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

We always do a cranberry salad at Thanksgiving, but this is different and I love it. :)
Thanks for linking up with Tasty Tuesday.

JUST ME, THE MOM said...

Ooohhh! Sounds delicious, and I'm thinking it would really be special during the Thanksgiving holidays. I'm booking this recipe so I can come back.

Thank you!

Kristin K

Lisa said...

I found you on Blis.Domst. - I love this salad -- my mom makes it and yours is a little different, so I think I'd like to try this one. yum!