Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gratituesday: The Day Momma Played


I know all of you have that story book at your house, right?
Well, even if you don't have the book, I know that many of you know how hard it is as MOM to actually find time to PLAY!
But yesterday, I was able to have lots of extra time as DH volunteered to do the "cooking on the grill"!
So, I got to PLAY while I normally would have been mixing, chopping, baking, cleaning, etc.
Now, don't get me wrong...I like to play with my kids...and I do play at other times...but yesterday was special because I did it for hours!!!
We played badminton, ring toss, and I even got a game of Frisbee in with DH!
Then after everyone had a bath, ate supper, and strawberries!....We played Skipbo!
WOooo Hooo!
For like an hour and a half we played, we laughed, we explained the gist of the game for the 100th time...and all that fun stuff!
I love those special times! They are so precious!!!
Yah for DH and his insane love for cheeseburgers, especially grilled ones! ;-)
For more about Gratituesday and share what's on your heart, visit Laura's!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it when we get to play and especially card games, our favorite card game we play with our littles is uno. IT is so funny because my smallest that is two say OONNO all the time! ITs fun to just be mom isn't it we are truly blessed.
So glad you could enjoy your family and your day!
Joy

Donna said...

I wanted UNO, but the only deck they had was printed with Hannah Montana prints- the boys said NO WAY! ;-)

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

That is so funny, we played Phase 10 and Yahtzee and we seem to NEVER get to play games. It sounds like you had a great night! Yea for husband's and their love of the grill.