Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Keeping recipes handy....


Anyone else have the memory capacity of a rock? Me too!
Well, what is a gal to do when she makes some things weekly or more?
I mean I could keep printing the recipes...but you know what happens with "papers" right?


I have found a solution to my short memory!
I taped the recipes inside the cabinet doors where I keep my baking supplies!
Yep, one door has a Breakfast Bread Recipe, Tammy's Pita Bread Recipe, and my Chapatis recipe!

Now my little girl has started helping with soaking the grains for breakfast, so she wants me to write up her some notes too! That way she can "follow the recipe" like Momma does! ;-)

Another little tip about recipes;

Lay them out the day before or write up a list when you plan your weekly menu and include the page numbers or attach them to your menu! You'll be more apt to cook what you planned if you can find the recipe that you planned to use! ;-)

For more Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, visit Tammy's Recipes!

4 comments:

Anna said...

That's a good idea! Thanks for sharing.

Lenetta said...

Memory of a rock - that's me! I blame it on needing to know things such as when do I need to wash the next load of diapers (and exactly HOW to wash them!), what's for supper tonight, where is that bill that needs paying, etc. etc. etc! :>)

My dad has lots of his yummy recipes taped inside the cabinets, and I'm not sure why I don't do this. Maybe because I have some love notes from my hubs taped up? Better than recipes, I think! :>)

Sharinskishe said...

I agree that using up the inside of the cupboard door is an awesome use of space, keeps them from getting lost and keeps them up and clean!

In my last kitchen, I typed up my favorite recipes, with photos, and put them in a picture frame and it looked like art. (Sort of lost it in the move, it's in one of those there boxes! arghhhhhh!)

My memory is worse than the memory of a rock. It used to be a lot better than it is now. I am working on it though.

Have a great day.


Sharinskishe


http://practically-perfect-life.blogspot.com/2009/07/kitchen-tips-fun-and-practical.html

tesslouise said...

I've used the cabinet trick for stuff I've cut off boxes, like the directions for chicken curry from the curry paste box and directions for cooking Coco Wheats, since I put them in a glass jar and trashed the box.

For the recipes I'm using any given week, I take the recipe cards out of my recipe box and magnet them to the fridge along with the meal plan.