Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend Baking- to make the week a little easier....

I started by baking 2 loaves of banana nut bread. I sliced one and froze the other for later in the week.
I then made breakfast bread. (I call it that because I usually cool it, then slice it, put in ziplocs, and toss in the fridge for toast for breakfast!)
One of the loaves I gave away to a neighbor that gave me a bunch of fabric last week. Not a bad trade at all! ;-) God has been good to me and given me such great neighbors!
I then made a loaf of pumpernickel rye. I love pumpernickel bread but I couldn't find my favorite recipe so this wasn't quite like it like it, but still very good.

I also baked these tasty little treats.
I call them Iced Graham Bites. They are a little different, in that they puff just a little, but they are somewhat hard and crisp- and very yummy!

I made enough to last a few days! We will have to be at the dentist on Tuesday (3 appointments) so I wanted to be sure that I had plenty of baked goodies to go with a couple of quick meals that day so I also baked up some Oatmeal Scotchies.
Mmm- can you almost smell them?

Baking on the weekends really helps me stay on track the whole week!
It gets me off to a good start on the dreaded Mondays and it helps me on those days that don't go like a day supposed to go ;-)...and yes- it keeps things frugal since there's a quick snack on hand.

3 comments:

kariwhite said...

What an amazing amount of baking you accomplished!

Are you able to share the Iced Graham Bites recipe?

Thanks :)

Joy said...

Looks like you had a VERY productive weekend!
I didn't do much house chores..mainly outside. We JUST got in from the garden and I am wore out..now to do house chores and menu plan and well bake!
Joy

Donna said...

Kari-
I will try to get them up before the end of the week! :-)

Joy,
We got tomatoes set out, bell-cayenne-and banana peppers- but it doesn't look like it was the best time with this cold snap! Bummer! Some of them don't look too happy.
I pulled up all the radishes and replanted, hoping to get another round before it gets all hot! Think I can?