Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fish Patties...



If you like Salmon Patties, you'll love these!
The other day, I had thawed out 8 pieces of tilapia and we ended up eating sandwiches on my fresh baked homemade bread :-)
I had been wanting to make these but didn't know how my family would take to their tilapia being cooked like their canned salmon!
Well, they loved it!
I cooked all the fish in a little butter in a pot, stirring until it was all flaky.
I flaked all of it and stored it in the fridge....waiting for the perfect hungry moment!
The next day, I beat 2 eggs into the flaked fish, cut up about 4 green onions into them, poured in about 1/4 cup of buttermilk, about 1/3 cup of cornmeal, and enough flour to be able to pat them into patties.
I fried them in my lipped griddle in a little (grape seed) oil and salted and peppered them as they cooked.
Everyone loved them!
*Served here with green beans and lightly sauteed squash from the garden.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Looks yummy! I'm going to have to give these a try!

Donna said...

Thanks Christina!
:-)