Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers....

And so did I! ....Well, not a peck, but a Walmart bag full! ;-)
Banana peppers and cayenne peppers/chilies...I hung some of the cayenne to dry...well, I had some help. I gave two guys some gloves and a needle and thread and had them string them through their tops! Then I tied them to the wall rack I have for canned goods so they can dry.
Below are some that have been drying several days. As you can see they change colors as they dry this way...going to red eventually and drying to a crisp! Once they are all dry, I will store them in jars or ziplocs and grind them as I need them for chili, etc.


And just when I thought I'd get a break....another bucket of tomatoes is now scattered across my counter...........not that I'm complaining at all! :-)
On the contrary, I'm very grateful! As I canned the peppers today, I became VERY grateful for the jars that I've collected. So far this year I haven't had to buy any, still using my old ones- yaaaah!

No comments: