Friday, August 29, 2008

A fun serving of fruit without the flies!

Having trouble with fruit flies or are you finding apple cores in your couch? Then this post is for you!

(5 pieces of fruit for 6 kids!)

I chopped these up, mainly to ensure that these fruits were eaten.

My younger children are apt to leave their fruit, before it's all gone so I decided to minimize the risk of finding a half eaten plum!

These are leftover containers that I use just for this type of stuff and if you're wondering if these cups are sitting in a soup pot, the answer is yes!

A couple of my kids will not eat their food if a fruit fly so much as flies over it and given that I just brought in several things from the garden and all the fruit flies that could sneak in with them....I figured I better come up with a plan to protect the fruit!

So, while supper was cooking, I cut up the fruit, placed it in the cups, then in the pan with the lid and set it on the table for them to guess what was in it....fun! fun!

For more frugal tips, visit FRUGAL FRIDAYS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds like fun! My kids would love the "guess what food" game. ;-)

Donna said...

Amy,
You wouldn't believe the weird things mine guessed before one of them finally grabbed the lid! :-)