Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some favorite summer sides

This is one of my all time favorites! You can buy this in a can in some grocery stores, which is good and tasty but even better is fresh! It's just some lightly processed tomatoes(you can cheat and used canned), cut corn, and sliced okra with salt and pepper. Easy and sooooooo good!This is just cukes tossed in some dill and a really good yogurt (a whole milk organic brand that is almost as creamy as cream itself!).

These were my sides for my steak casserole tonight for supper.

1 comment:

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva said...

My mom makes the tomatoes, corn and okra soup for my dad all of the time. Especially in the winter. I grew up eating it with crackers and I love it. She calls it succotash. I don't know where she got that name from, but it is delicious.