Friday, May 11, 2012

A Couple of More Items for the Freezer:



 Before supper (last night) I made up an extra large batch of Homemade Chocolate Pudding. We had some for dessert and the rest will be frozen in pops and then bagged up for longer storage.

 While trying to switch into getting supper ready, I sped through whipping up a batch of my family's favorite roll dough. They think these have the texture of donuts! They're so light and fluffy!

I stored the dough in an old ice cream bucket in the freezer. The night before I need some of these rolls (or monkey bread!), I will sit the bucket in the fridge. 
This will make several batches of rolls, monkey bread, or even cinnamon rolls or breadsticks. 
The dough will keep in the fridge for several days. I will simply pinch off what I need, shape, allow to rise, and bake.

************ 
Today I added to that: 3 batches of Buttermilk Biscuits.
I cut them out, placed them on a pan and flash froze them. When I need them, I will lay them out on a pan while the oven preheats and bake at 425 for about 20 minutes.  
Cutting in fat is a great workout!


I worked on more breakfast foods with these Kefir Spelt Pancakes.


And before the day is up, I hope to have a large batch of Skillet Granola ready to freeze as well!
update: Got the granola done!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how you did you pudding pops. I tried to see if I could find your dirctions/ ideas, but wasn't able to. Thank you for you site and linking up to The Prudent Homemaker. I'm enjoying both of them and I praying to have the direction and courage of trying to do once a month shopping.

Donna said...

Hello Anony,

When I make regular pudding, I usually use this and freeze the rest for pops:
http://momsfrugal.blogspot.com/2010/09/homemade-chocolate-pudding.html

When I'm making 'Fudgesicles', I always use this recipe:
http://momsfrugal.blogspot.com/2008/01/2-layer-frozen-pudding-pop.html

I freeze them in everything under the sun ;-)
I have 2 sets of Popsicle trays from Walmart that I use a lot. I also keep empty yogurt cups and freeze in them. There's a couple of sorbet type recipes that I have where I line muffin tins with paper, freeze, then pop them out into ziploc bags. I pull them out right before serving a meal and they're nice and soft by mealtime.

Here's a link to my Popsicle labels - lots of ideas in there:
http://momsfrugal.blogspot.com/search/label/Popsicles

Once-a-month-shopping is wonderful!
I would NEVER be able to get this freezer food done if it wasn't for that because I'd be spending several hours a day driving to and from town! ;-)

Ask away if you come up with any questions! The PH and I would love to help you if you need it! Will say a prayer for guidance for you about this- I know the Lord can help you!
Blessings!!!