Tuesday, May 15, 2012

More Freezer Filling Fun!

Cooking for the freezer has a lot of benefits.
One of those benefits is- you decide when you cook! 
For example; I don't jump out of bed ready to bake :) 
But- I do LOVE to bake- just late in the evening!

Okay- now on with the show:
Tripling Crystal's Ham and Cheese Pocket Dough, I used leftover spiral ham that I cooked on Mother's Day to stuff in these "Ham-n-Cheddar Pockets". 
(One ham, bought on sale after Christmas for $9, got me about 5 meals! Sweet!)
I also cooked several chickens to store the meat for 2 favored quick meals: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas AND Shredded Chicken Sandwiches.
(Chickens were .88 per pound at Sam's. For $14, I got 6 meals worth from them!)
Tomorrow, I'll show you what else I'm doing with that chicken!

2 comments:

Arden said...

I cooked a bunch of split breasts in the crockpot yesterday. I got a ton of meat of them but nothing sounds good. I like the bbq sandwich idea. I would be good on homemade bread with some fries.

And a vegetable. lol

Donna said...

Arden,
I have SO much fun with chicken!
Love BBQ with them and Chicken Joe sandwiches. But my family LOVES the Shredded Chicken Sandwiches and ask for them often.

-Why of course you have to get those veggies in! :)