Sunday, August 31, 2008

Eggs IN Ham!!! literally

Sometimes I get these crazy ideas......
Perhaps you've seen my 'eggs in a holster'?.....
Maybe you've also seen my post about the little turkey hams that I buy?
Here you see something similar with my thick-sliced Turkey Ham (with cut-outs from a biscuit cutter) and eggs in the center.
It certainly made things interesting! :-) The kids thought they were neat.
...But the eggs did run out a bit, I needed the pan hotter when I poured them in and some of the slices a little thicker.
*Served here with hot peaches, wheat biscuits, grits, and the turkey ham cut-outs!
Total meal cost approx. $5.00 to feed a full crew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind of like eggie in a basket with ham instead of toast. Wow, you must spend a lot of time in the kitchen. You must love it though because it shows in your writing.

Donna said...

Thanks Niki, what a very kind thing to say.

Yes, I do spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Hours a day...and outside of tired feet and legs, it is a joy! :-) Food brings a lot of excitement around here!

Anonymous said...

This looks like it would be a hit with my crew. I am going to have to try it out.
Thanks for the idea!