Monday, February 3, 2014

Menu Plan: February 3, 2014



Sunday:
-Breakfast Cookies
-(lots! of)pizza- treat from a friend (the bigger treat was her time!)
-chili-cheese popcorn (since my kids heard Brandy does this sometimes..it's been a fave!)
snacks: ice cream, heated leftover chicken
Total cost approx. per day: $1.50
Monday:
-Kefir Pancakes from the freezer
-Garlic Cheese Breads w/sauteed onions on leftover sub rolls
-Beef Soft Tacos, beans and rice
snacks: leftover rice w/ butter and honey
Total cost approx. per day: $4.75
Tuesday:
-Gingerbread Pancakes from the freezer
-Pumpkin Soup from home canned pumpkin and broth, Homemade Brown-n-Serve Rolls
-Shredded Turkey w/gravy over rice, home canned green beans
snacks:leftover rolls and homemade jelly
Total cost approx. per day: (We were given a turkey and I aim to make the most of it this week!) $1.50
Wednesday:
-Apple-Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal
-Turkey Noodle Soup, Pantry Cake
-Beans (freezer), home canned beets, Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
snacks: leftover cake
Total cost approx. per day: $2.75
Thursday:
-Chocolate Granola and milk
-Zucchini Soup (shredded zukes from freezer, and homemade broth), Quick Dinner Muffins, homemade jam
-Turkey-Cheddar Wraps, sweet potato fries (free from friend)
snacks: leftover muffins and homemade jelly
Total cost approx. per day: $3.00
Friday:
-Nutty Maple Granola
-Turkey Salad Wraps, Rugelach
-leftovers
snacks: kefir smoothie
Total cost approx. per day: $2.75
Saturday: 
-Homemade Cream of Wheat
-PB and J, leftover Rugelach
-leftover Turkey Salad, Coleslaw
snacks: leftovers
Total approx. cost per day: $2.00

2 comments:

Arden said...

Your totals are amazing and your meals are so nutritious.
I had a lady I don't know very well ask me our grocery budget and I evaded the question because I didn't have the energy to defend myself. lol I think we actually eat better than most people with double (or triple or more) the budget.

Donna said...

Arden, I would love to see your menu/budget. You've got a bigger crew than I do. If you ever type it up, I'd love to post it :)