Monday, October 6, 2008

Menu for the week.....

I got most of my once-a-month -shopping completed Saturday so it's now time to begin formulating the menu plan! Yippee!
I got my hands on some pretty cool things and some pretty neat deals!

I discovered that Kroger gives their beef fat away, so I was able to get a few pounds and bring it home to render. It is now a tub of beef 'lard' ,so to speak. I think the right name would be 'edible beef tallow'.
(I'll be posting about this later, if anyone is interested.;0)


I was so excited to find lots of good chicken on sale, so some of my menu plan will be flexible to allow for new recipes -to keep everyone happy! (Anyone got any good, quick, easy, frugal, chicken recipes? Please post me a link if U do!)
SUNDAY: *waffles *bologna cups, salad, leftover tots, buttered blueberry bagels with strawberries *bean burritos and tacos cake *snack: blue corn chips and homemade salsa, granola

MONDAY: *bagels with butter, kefir raspberry smoothies * ground turkey goolash, salad and carrot sticks raisins * Meatza Pie sauteed Kale (doubled), baked potatoes, nectar pops *snacks: popcorn, baked apples, pretzels

TUESDAY: *millet *white beans, cornbread, leftover kale, corn, chow-chow *chicken thighs (I may fry, got any suggestions for something new?), mashed potatoes broccoli *snacks: no bake oatmeal cookies carrots and dip

WEDNESDAY: *soaked oatmeal * turkey-cresent rolls, slaw, baked beans cookie *roasted chicken, potatoes carrots, brussel sprouts *snack- blackberry-cherry smoothie, salsa and chips

THURSDAY: *coconut rice * pastitsio (double), broccoli, pear sauce * chicken tender strips, creamy onion soup, brussels sprouts cookie *snacks: popcorn and butter, carrots and yogurt dip

FRIDAY: *soaked grits *turkey patties, potato wedges slaw, raisins *easy baked chicken, speckled butter beans, corn cake *snacks: fruit leather chips and salsa , orange slices

SATURDAY: *kid's choice *chicken 'help-her', potatoes, crowder peas cookie *grilled salmon, baked potatoes, steamed veggies *snacks: zucchini bread, carrots and dip

2 comments:

Christiana said...

ooooh, I love pastitsio! Yummy looking menu! :)

Anonymous said...

YOu inspired me to get back into one a month shopping and meal planning. So far so good and although a great deal of work in the beginning, the end of the month will be relaxing