Sunday, March 8, 2009

MENU PLAN MONDAY

I'm so excited about this week, I get to go pick up my wheat berries! I've been out for months and was finally able to order it! Yippee...but that makes my menu a little tricky for a couple of days; I am going to have to preplan so the cooking will be done on the day I need to go pick it up. My hungry tummies around here are much happier if momma plans and that's part of the reason I love MENU PLAN MONDAYS!



SUNDAY:
-pastries
-salad,slaw,sloppy joes
-chicken nuggets and fries, Honey Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins
**snacks: popcorn, grapes

MONDAY:
-pastries and millet
-hamburger soup with leftover muffins and strawberries
-salmon loaf, mashed potatoes, green peas, Strawberry Sour Cream Pie
**snacks: carrot and celery sticks with dip, homemade granola

TUESDAY:
-pastries and soaked whole grain corn grits
-Meatza Pie, (Joy's) cranberry beans, slaw, grapes
- Roast Potatoes Carrots, cornbread, strawberries and powdered sugar
**snacks: grapes, pretzels, plums, apples

WEDNESDAY:
-kid's choice
-chicken nuggets and fries, slaw, grapes
-Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, guacamole and chips, black bean salsa
**snacks: Cherry-Berry Kefir Smoothies, buttered popcorn

THURSDAY:
-millet
- Grab Bag Casserole , green beans, Caraway-Rye Biscuits
- Stuffed Meatloaf and French Bread, lima beans, Cranberry Crisp
**snacks: Triple Berry Smoothie, pretzels

FRIDAY:
-kid's choice
- Enchilada bake gingered carrots
- mushroom burgers on homemade buns, potato wedges, Sour Cherry Pudding Pie
**snacks: Peanut Butter Flax Bread and jam

SATURDAY:
-Soaked oatmeal
-Turkey Bologna Cups, potato salad, Cinnamon Bread
-Homemade Hamburger Pizza, leftover cinnamon bread
**Snacks: Laura's Flourless Peanut Butter cookies



1 comment:

Joy said...

Alright I am coming over for supper! Your menu plan looks so yummy! I need to work on my today as well!
Oh and just what are pastries? Just having to read that word a couple of times in your post must have made me gain a couple of pounds..I love pastries!
Joy