Monday, March 25, 2013

Menu Plan: March 23, 2013

 Welcome to Menu Plan Monday!
Krestan's Graduation Party
It's been a fun-filled week with lots of celebrations! I'm looking forward to a quieter week :)
Saturday:
-Fried Egg, slice of orange, half serving of Masa Porridge
-grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, sliced onions and tomatoes, cake and ice cream
-sandwiches, chips, leftover cake and ice cream
snacks:apples
Sunday:
-Chocolate Oatmeal
-Mexican Pasta and Kale Soup, Fried Masa Cakes
-Pork Loin w/ potatoes and carrots
snacks:apples w/ peanut butter
Monday:
-Almond Cranberry Granola and milk
-White Bean w/ Turkey Bacon Soup, Fried Cornbread
-Chicken Joes on Kaiser Rolls
snacks: Triple Berry Fruit Crisp, buttered popcorn
Tuesday:
-fried eggs, toasted Breakfast Bread, homemade Cherry Jam
-Beef and Cabbage Stew, Whole Wheat Artisan Bread
-Chipotle Tilapia, steamed broccoli, Spanish Rice
snacks:Iced Graham Bites and milk
Wednesday:
-Masa Porridge
-Corn Chowder w/ Turkey Ham, Whole Wheat Artisan Bread
-Easy Maple Dijon Chicken, rosemary potato wedges, turnip greens
snacks:Rugelach, celery sticks and dip
Thursday:
-Kefir Spelt Pancakes
-pinto beans, cornbread, homemade Hot Pepper Jelly
-Sloppy Joe Rolls, green salad, applesauce
snacks:Orange Zest Cookies
Friday:
-Buttermilk Biscuits, Sausage Gravy
-Split Pea Soup, Twisted Garlic Bread Sticks
-Pizza
snacks:Applesauce Pudding, BerryCobbler

8 comments:

Joy said...

Menu looks wonderful as usual! Miss you all!
Jou

Donna said...

Thank you Joy!
We'd love to see you all soon!

Joy said...

Just thought I would add, I'm making your kale soup and masa cakes for supper tonight too! What a great day for it! I can not believe this weather can you? We already had gardens out this time last year!
Joy

Donna said...

I hope your crew loves that meal! Dh loves the kale soup so hopefully yours will too. The weather?!!? Crazy! But- if it's staying cold for snow- I'm good, ain't you? :)

But- I am certainly ready to get in the dirt!

Joy said...

We have all been so sick lately I'm itching for warm watcher to stay! Plus I just can't wait to get in the garden my mind NEEDS warmer weather these days ;-) we are huge kale fans so I'm hoping we love it too, I had to change it a bit as we think callee is now allergic to cumins and maybe salysilates combined! So I left off cumin and pepper increased chili powder and used brown rice elbow noodles, it smells heavenly!
Joy

Donna said...

I know what you mean!

Did her rash clear up?

Bet those rice noodles are so good!

There's no cumin in chili powder?

I hope the recipe is a hit!

Joy said...

I'm hoping there is no cumin in chili powder! You think there may be? We will have to see! She isn't too thrilled with supper lol she loves kale but she said "just not with her meat" haha! Silly girl! I guess I shall see later on if she reacts! Wonder what I could sub for that Mexican flavor but no cumin involved?
Joy
We all LOVED the soup and masa cakes! Callee is eating masa cakes with goat yogurt!

Donna said...

I just wiki-ed it and it does have cumin. You could make your own chili powder and leave that out, but it is the primary mexi-flavor, so your taste wouldn't be the same. I love Callee's meal! Reminds me of cornbread and buttermilk ;-)