Monday, October 3, 2011

Menu Plan:

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday!

My frugal tip of the week: When you find a bread/roll/bun recipe that your family really likes (and that's easy to make), experiment to find multiple frugal ways you can use this over and over to give your family more fun and frugal meals!

SATURDAY:
-bacon and eggs
-homemade Kaiser Rolls w/ leftover tuna salad or sloppy joes, blueberry smoothies
- Lemon-pepper Salmon, brown rice, romaine salad, leftover chard from the garden
snacks:Snack Mix, leftover rolls with jelly

SUNDAY:
-kids' choice
-Oatmeal Pancakes, bacon
-Maple-Dijon Chicken thighs, romaine salad, boiled and buttered turnips, Blackberry Cobbler (made from our very own berries that I've been freezing until I had enough for this!)
snacks: Vanilla Kefir Muffins, Cobbler

MONDAY:
-soaked oatmeal, blueberry kefir smoothie
-BBQ chicken legs, chick peas, romaine salad, leftover cobbler
-Chicken Joes on Kaiser rolls, romaine salad
snacks:rolls with jelly, popcorn

TUESDAY:
-soaked oatmeal, blueberry kefir smoothie
-Main Dish Macaroni, romaine salad, leftover chick peas
-Tapatio Chicken Thighs, leftover mac, swiss chard
snacks:peach smoothies, popcorn

WEDNESDAY:
-scrambled eggs, blueberry kefir smoothie
-Taco Casserole, romaine salad
-My Little Roasted Chicken, green beans
snacks:Grandpa's Oatmeal Muffins,almonds

THURSDAY:
-Banana Crepes
-Shredded Chicken Sandwiches (from leftovers), canned pineapple
-Cod Cakes, romaine salad, brown rice, okra
snacks: Prune Cake, pickles

FRIDAY:
-Fried Polenta, eggs
-Cheeseburger Macaroni, romaine and tomato salad
-Cheeseburger Pizza Pie, kefir ice cream
snacks:Impossible Pumpkin Pie, Amazing Peanut Butter Bars

4 comments:

Intentional Living Homestead said...

What a wonderful looking menu...and I use the same one hour french bread recipe for making pizza dough...cinnamon buns...hamburger buns...etc. It is the cheapest recipe I have ever used.

Donna said...

Thank U Miss Connie!
Looks like frugal minds think alike!
;-)

Lenetta said...

Donna, I meant to drop by and talk crock pot lids. As usual, I'm running a bit behind :>) I was thinking the same thing about my big oval crockpot... Though I just realized I've been thrifting those divided bowls lately for my MIL - have you seen them? It's basically a (typically) shallow oval bowl, with a divider down the middle. Of course, the hard part would be matching up the ovals! :>)

Donna said...

Thank you Lenetta.
I'm not quite sure I have, but I will certainly be looking now :-)