Sunday, January 15, 2012

Menu- Jan. 14, 2012

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday!
 I did something a little unusual for the weekend's menu. I cooked a small ham and a small turkey on Friday and we ate that through the weekend until I made a big pot of white beans with the leftover ham for Sunday. I also made a cake for less than a $1 from mark-downs I got after Christmas.
Remember me telling you last week that I bought a bunch of pie shells on clearance during my once-a-month-shopping?  I used them to make six pies as well: 2 Chocolate Silk, 2 Pumpkin, and 2 Oatmeal Pies. The kids got these for dessert, snacks, and even breakfast! I made a Green Bean Casserole, green peas, and we had lots of leftover cole slaw, and some Ranch Dip with raw veggies.

Weekend Projects: Pomegranate Jelly (used this recipe- had 3 large pomegranates=2 cups juice, finished off with water, also added 1 T lemon juice) and Beet Kvass

My Frugal Tip of the Week: Plan your menus down to the snack! That way, you consider all of your fresh food, pantry items, and baking- early in the week so nothing gets wasted and you can do baking in advance according to your schedule rather than someone begging for food-NOW! ;-)

SATURDAY:
*see above
SUNDAY:
*see above

MONDAY:
-Pumpkin Pie w/ whipped cream
-White Beans w/ham, cornbread, boiled turnips w/ Parsley Butter
-Oven-Fried Chicken legs, leftover beans,spinach salad, Chocolate Silk Pie
snacks-Pureed Frozen Fruit Cups, popcorn with butter

TUESDAY:
-Soaked Oatmeal w/ blueberries
-leftover white beans-n-ham, butter-fried cornbread, fermented kraut
-Cheesy Meat-and-Potatoes Casserole, romaine salad, Kicked Up Cabbage
snacks-Half Wheat Poppy Seed Muffins, carrots and dip

WEDNESDAY:
-English Wheat Muffins, fried eggs
-Cream of Sunshine Soup, Caraway Rye Biscuits, Cinnamon Applesauce Salad
-Salmon Patties, mashed potatoes, lima beans
snacks-Orange-Almond Apple Crumble, lemonade

THURSDAY:
-Yogurt Muesli
-Bologna Cups, romaine salad, maple-butter sweet potatoes
-Easy BBQ Chicken Quarters (homemade sauce), Mustard Potatoes, romaine salad
snacks-Orange-Date Muffins, chips and salsa

FRIDAY:
-Bug Oats
-Fried Chicken Livers, tater tots, Golden Broccoli Salad
-Pizza Night- on my fave whole wheat pizza dough, Limeade
snacks-Strawberry Frothy, almonds, Giant Peanut Butter Spelt Cookies

***One last note: Be looking for a giveaway this week! ***

No comments: